CERTIFIED YOUTH FITNESS SPECIALIST
Nearly 1 in 3 (ages 2-19) are obese in the United States. PE hardly exists in our school systems anymore. Our goal is to provide fitness professionals with the knowledge, skills and abilities to safely and effectively work with youth. A physical fitness specialist works to effectively plan, design, implement and monitor safe and effective exercise programs for youth.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 0.8 units.
What Can You Expect To Learn?
- Define physical activity, exercise and physical fitness
- Additional dynamic flexibility movements
- How to measure and track physical fitness levels in children and adolescents
- Strength and cardiovascular development in children and youth.
- The Certified Youth Fitness Trainer Course includes:
- 140 page course manual.
- Online educational videos that go along with the course.
- Children's PAR-Q Screening Form
- Example of Informed Consent for Children
- The National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (0.8 CEUs)
- Final Exam*
12 Hours Course - Online Course
IHFA - INTERNATIONAL HEALTH AND FITNESS ASSOCIATION